Tuesday, October 29, 2013

MLS Cup Preview and NBA Season Preview

With the MLS playoffs starting tomorrow and the NBA starting tonight I though I would give my predictions for how I think they will play out.


This is who I believe will make the playoffs and their seed.

East                                        West
1.  Miami Heat                       1.  Oklahoma City Thunder
2.  Chicago Bulls                    2.  Memphis Grizzlies
3.  Indiana Pacers                   3.  Golden State Warriors
4.  Brooklyn Nets                   4.  San Antonio Spurs
5.  New York Knicks              5.  LA Clippers
6.  Detroit Pistons                   6.  Houston Rockets
7.  Washington Wizards         7.  LA Lakers
8.  Cleveland Cavaliers           8.  Dallas Mavericks

I can make a case for almost every team in the Western Conference to make it to the finals, except for maybe the Mavericks.  I think the East will come down to the Bulls and the Heat.  If Greg Oden and/or Michael Beasley give the Heat any kind of production I think they will win the East easy. Here are my predictions for the playoffs.

Conference Finals
Miami Heat defeat Chicago Bulls     
Golden State Warriors defeat Oklahoma City Thunder

NBA Finals
Miami Heat defeat Golden State Warriors



These are my predictions for the MLS Cup playoffs.  To be fair I must admit I am not a fan of any of these teams.  I am a member of Black Army 1850 and am a Chivas USA fan.  And yes I know my team sucks, save your comments.
 
I think 4 teams have a legitimate shot at winning the title.  New York has had the best talent for years now but have never lived up to the hype.  This year they seem to have finally figured it out on way to winning the Supporters Shield.  Kansas City has been solid all year and I think they have the most complete team.  Seattle has a ton of talent.  If Dempsey and Johnson figure it out before its too late that could be a deadly combination.  LA is banged up right now and have not played great all year but they are the two time defending champions and they always find a way to get the job done.  With that said here are my picks for the playoffs.
 
Wild Card
Houston Dynamo defeats Montreal Impact
Seattle Sounders defeats Colorado Rapids
 
Conference Semi-Finals
NY Red Bulls defeat Houston Dynamo
Sporting Kansas City defeats New England Revolution
Seattle Sounders defeat Portland Timbers
LA Galaxy defeat Real Salt Lake
 
Conference Finals
Sporting Kansas City defeats NY Red Bulls
Seattle Sounders defeat LA Galaxy
 
MLS Cup
Sporting Kansas City defeats Seattle Sounders
 
 


 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment